Information about our courses, the participation requirements, and the corresponding exam registration can be found in the UNIVIS.The courses offered can be found here (English and German).
Due to a high number of students, courses will be assigned based on capacity levels. Our courses can be split into two different groups:
- Lectures and Geographical Colloquium
- There is no required attendance or attendance monitoring.
- Normally, these take place in Lecture Hall 9 Geography (Hörsaal 9 Geographie), Ludewig-Meyn-St. 12.
- No registration for the lecture courses is required.
- Exam registration takes place online on the Studierenden-Online-Funktion (QIS) during the central registration time period!
- Accompanying Seminars, Main Seminars, Exercise Courses, Excursions, Study Projects
- Attendance is required!
- Admission for these courses is restricted. The following provides information about course assignments. Dates and times for the course assignments can be found on the Institute of Geography’s homepage.
- Assignment for accompanying seminars for the introductory lectures Human Geography I and Physical Geography I take place during the orientation week for first year students. The assignment for the accompanying seminars for Human Geography II and Physical Geography II take place either at the end of the winter semester or at the beginning of the summer semester.
- GIS-Exercise Courses for the introductory course MNF-Geogr.-71 GIS have admission restrictions and are only geography and other agreed-upon subject students. Due to the large number of students needing course assignments, the exercise course assignments will take place during the orientation week for first year students.
- Advanced Exercise Courses (II) will be assigned through an institute-internal online system. You will automatically receive an invitation through your student email address.
- Study Projects and Main Seminars will also be assigned through an institute-internal online system. You will automatically receive an invitation through your student email address. Requirements, depending on the course, include the completion of the modules Physical Geography I and II and/or Human Geography I and II.
- Geography Didactic Courses from Mr. Hoppe: Ms. Seeliger is responsible for these course registration/assignments. Please keep an eye out for any information posters.
- Main Excursions, Main Field Courses/Studies are 7 or 14 or more days long and will be assigned. For information you will need a student email address (German) from Kiel University. Requirements, depending on the course, include the completion of the modules Physical Geography I and II and/or Human Geography I and II.
- Exam registration and term paper topic assignments take place during the first class. The assistant professors will then turn in the exam registration to the exam office. There is no need for any other form of registration (online or paper).
- It is only possible to deregister when a convincing case is present. Please use the university-wide withdrawal form. Deregistration is only possible during the first two weeks of the new semester.
More information regarding exam registration can be found on the homepage of the exam office (German).
Current events and news can be found on the Department of Geography ’s homepage.