Frau A. Berger & Frau J. Becker
Phone: +49 431 880 2922
The Department of Geography ’s GeoLab
The Physical Geography Department has a well-equipped laboratory and distinguished working conditions for student internships at its disposal. The Department for Physical Geography, Landscape Ecology, and Geo-Information (GIS) offers throughout the course of geography studies frequent laboratory tutorials. The laboratory machines can also be used for final thesis research.
The GeoLab’s Methodology and Emphases
- Particle Laser (Malvern)
- CN-Analyzer (Hekatech)
- Atom Absorption-Spectrometry (G-AAS and F-AAS / Perkin Elmer)
- Potentiometric (several stations for pH and conductibility measurement)
Alongside these fields of study we also offer a large number of rooms, as well as equipment for the preparation of sample materials.
- The analysis of mineral and organic soil particles
- Heavy-metal analysis
- Effective and potential cation-exchange capacity
- Plant-accessible nutrients (ex. phosphor and nitrogen)
- Soil microbial analysis (et alii: soil enzymatic processes)